Do you have an unfinished basement you want to better utilize? Are you lacking funds to complete a high-end finish in the area? Here are some ideas of what to do with an unfinished basement without spending a lot of money.
- Add some color. Add some color to the area by painting the walls. Whether you have a concrete wall or some partial finish with drywall, painting the walls will add warmth to the area. For a splash of color, add an accent wall to the other neutral-colored walls.
- Create some division. Create some division to a large open area in an unfinished basement with inexpensive curtains. Hanging curtains from the floor joists can help create “rooms” to better utilize the space.
- Add area rugs. Throwing an area rug on the concrete floor can create division in an open area while adding warmth to the room. Next, simply add a couch or the furniture you choose to complete the area.
- Add foam mats. Would you like to add a workout area for a home gym or even a play area for the kids? Foam mats can add color and warmth to an area very quickly.
- Add lighting. Unfinished basements often lack good lighting. Add lights to the area by hanging them from the floor joists or well-placed lamps. Good lighting adds to the warmth of an area while helping it to feel more open and inviting.
A few ideas on what to do with an unfinished basement without spending a lot of money. Do you have some other ideas? Leave a comment below.
Looking for more ideas for low-cost updates? Here are some weekend projects to consider. Click here.