Most of today’s buyers are looking for a home ready to move into. Everyone seems to be pressed for time nowadays and most buyers are not interested in a fixer-upper. A weekend of small projects can speed up the marketing of your home and maximize selling price with low-cost updates at the same time.
6 Ways To Maximize Selling Price With Low-Cost Updates
Let’s take a look at 6 low cost updates that can help you home sell quicker.
- Start Painting. A fresh coat of paint will give you the most bang for your buck when doing updates. Stay away from a bright white. Instead, choose a warm neutral color that will leave a blank but clean slate for your buyers to fill.
- Light Up The Room. Update light fixtures if needed or just replace old bulbs with brighter LED bulbs. A well-lit room is much more inviting than a dark room as prospective buyers are walking through your home.
- Fix the Fixtures. The quickest way to update the kitchen and bath is by updating fixtures. Replace faucets with a brushed nickel or bronze finish and replace cabinet pulls with an updated design. You can paint the cabinets if you have time and wish to change the color. I think you will find some fixture updates will do wonders.
- Update Appliances. While we are in the kitchen, another quick update is replacing old appliances with energy-efficient stainless steel appliances. You can save a few bucks here by choosing floor or discontinued models that will still offer a fresh new look in the kitchen.
- Clean The Carpets. Professional carpet cleaning is the best investment to make sure your carpets are as bright and stain-free as possible. If there are really worn areas in the carpet, consider replacing the flooring to help speed up the marketing time.
- Organize Closets And Storage. A well-organized closet and storage area shows attention to detail and buyers will see that as a sign the home has been cared for well. Add modular storage is needed to get things organized.
Choose as many of these 6 options that you can afford or have time to complete. You will grab the attention of prospective buyers.
If you are thinking about making a move, I can help you through the process.
Send us a message or call and let’s start that conversation today!
Are you ready to sell your home? Perfectly pretty home listing photos will attract more buyers. Click here to learn more.