October is here! October brings much beauty to Cape Girardeau County. Whether you live in Cape Girardeau MO or Jackson MO, the landscape is sure to be full of vibrant fall colors.
October also means the temps are starting to drop as we begin to move indoors.
It is important to start preparing our homes for the winter migration to come.
October Home Maintenance Checklist
Here are a few things we need to focus on to start preparing our homes for that move. Let’s get started…
- Check Furnance Filters / Change if Needed
- Run Water & Flush Toilets in Unused Spaces
- Check Water Softner & Add Salt if Needed
- Clean Gutters & Downspouts
- Clean and Inspect Chimney
- Clean Garbage Disposal
- Treat Septic System if Needed
- Fall Deep Clean Living Areas
- Fertilize and Seed Lawn
- Check Outdoor Light Bulbs
Tackling a couple tasks from the list each week will still allow plenty time to visit the local pumpkin patch with the rest of the family.
Not sure how to clean your garbage disposal? Here is a short video with a couple quick steps to keep it clean…
So there you have it, Cape County! Start the list this weekend and leave much time to enjoy October!