There are many reasons to stay indoors from time to time. Rainy weather, too cold outside, too hot outside…the list goes on and on. When this is the case, here are some indoor activities around Cape County to enjoy the day.
Indoor Activities Around Cape County
- Cape Girardeau Conservation Center is located in Cape Girardeau North County Park. This is a great place to learn more about the history of Southeast Missouri, learn with hands-on exhibits, and enjoy the aquariums. There are also several outdoor trails to explore or fishing holes on the grounds to enjoy if you are able to get outdoors for a little while. For more information about Cape Girardeau Conservation Center, click here.
- Discovery Playhouse has many exhibits for children of all ages to explore and enjoy. Discovery Playhouse is easy to find in Downtown Cape Girardeau. Several area businesses have created working exhibits for children to have fun and learn in a safe environment. Some activities include a water garden, grocery store, fire truck, art studio, bank, and so much more. Discovery Playhouse is a fun way for children to spend time indoors. Click here for more information.
Burn Off Energy
- Ultimate Air Trampoline Park located in Cape Girardeau is the perfect place to burn energy indoors. All ages can enjoy this indoor trampoline park. Check out specials they are offering on the website at https://ultimateaircape.com/.
- Willow Grove Skating Rink is located in Chaffee, MO. Enjoy hours of fun on skates by joining in the games or free-skate time with your friends. For more information, check out their Facebook page here.
Visit a Museum
There are several types of museums located in and around Cape County. Spend some time indoors learning about Southeast Missouri history and culture at any of these local museums:
- Crisp Museum is located on the campus of Southeast Missouri State University. The Crisp Museum features art exhibits from talented local artists. Learn more here.
- The Glenn House. Go back in time when exploring this Cape Girardeau historic home. There are many ways to enjoy this site. Click here to find out more.
- Cape River Heritage Museum. Learn more about the heritage of our area by visiting the exhibits located in the historical building. Click here for more information.
- The National Stars & Stripes Museum is located in Bloomfield, Missouri. Here you will find over 7,000 square feet of exhibits and kids programs. Plan your visit by visiting their website.
- American Tractor Museum. Southeast Missouri has a deep agricultural background. This museum is a collection of equipment that makes up much of that history. Click here to learn more about this unique museum exhibit.
Still looking for ideas for indoor activities around Cape County? Consider a movie at Marcus Theaters. Test your luck at Century Casino. See what’s happening at the ShowMe Center. So many things to do around Cape County even if the weather is less than desirable outside.
Still not sure how to spend the day? Another option is to knock out a couple of maintenance chores around the house. Don’t forget to involve the kids. It’s never too early to start learning the importance of home maintenance. For some ideas to keep your home functioning at its best, visit our Home Maintenance Checklist blog.