Looking for fresh produce without all the work of gardening? Farmers’ Markets Around Cape County is the Answer!
We are lucky in this area to have several choices of Farmers’ Markets and can find one most days of the week. Each offers its own unique options of produce, prepared foods, drinks, and even entertainment.
Here are some markets we enjoy from May to October in 2023…
Farmers Markets Around Cape County
- Cape Riverfront Market @ Downtown Cape Girardeau. Every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – Noon you will find large gatherings of people buying produce, and enjoying food and drink while listening to the tunes of a live band. This Farmers’ Market is a must-visit in Downtown Cape Girardeau at 35 S. Spanish Street.
- Jackson Farmers Market @ St. Louis Iron Mountain Railroad (252 E. Jackson Blvd, Jackson). Stop by on Tuesdays from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm each week for a good variety of produce, fresh baked goods, eggs, handmade crafts, and soooo much more!
- Cape Farmers’ Market @ West Park Mall (Mt. Auburn Entrance). Lots of options at this market on Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Chaffee Downtown Farmer’s Market @ 127 W. Yoakum Ave, Chaffee. Four hours of shopping fun beginning on Saturdays at 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Bollinger County Farmers Market @ 104 Sample St., Marble Hill takes it to the next level with hand-crafted goods and even live animal sales (chicks, bunnies, etc.). Stop by on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to Noonish.
- Farmers Market hosted by Cruisin Uptown Jackson and City of Jackson Community Outready Board is held in Uptown Jackson, MO. This new market was added for the 2023 season and will be open the 2nd Saturday of each month from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Check out the vehicles on display, shop the farmers market and enjoy the live music for a fun evening!
Let us know below why you enjoy shopping at local Farmer’s Markets.
Do you have a Farmer’s Market to add? Drop a comment below so we can add your market to our list!
Don’t feel like cooking the yummy produce bought at the market today? Here are some dining options to choose from: